Friday, December 02, 2016

Crushing on Buffalo Check | Christmas Tags

Hey there!  I recently learned something new and used it to create Christmas tags to adorn our packages this year. I am seriously loving the buffalo check print!


First I created the buffalo check print in Photoshop, and then I created a bunch of Christmas icon png files in Photoshop, I combined the two together to make a bunch of buffalo check holiday icons.

I loved the way they turned out and wanted to incorporate them onto some tags for Christmas wrapping.  So I opened all the images in my Silhouette Studio Software, created a two layer tag that flips up (just below the buffalo check border) to reveal a not so hidden space to write a holiday message, and added the images to the fronts.  I also added the check borders and reinforcements at the holes.

As a final step I turned the whole lot into a print and cut file, so it is super quick and easy to make a bunch of tags!  Mine are printed on 66 lb 8.5x11 inch cardstock and come 5 to a page.

If you are into print and cuts and you want the file, leave me a comment with your email address or email me at iwhitaker@sympatico.ca with "Buffalo Check Tags" in the subject line and I will forward you the file.  Note - It is only available for Silhouette machines, so sorry to those of you needing other formats..

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. These are amazing Laura!! Please send me the cut file :) You rock!!! scrapmuch@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these tags!!! If you would send me these amazing these, it would be so appreciated!!
    marla@lagoski.com Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!