Tuesday, December 20, 2016

December Daily Recipe Folder | Tutorial

Hey there!  I am sharing a little tutorial today for my recipe folder that I added to my December Moments (Daily) album.


In case you missed it, or to refresh your memory this is what the outside of my folder looks like, it is perfect for hosting a photo or photos.


It flips open to reveal my recipes, but you could adapt this idea for anything you like.


My recipes are adhered with Washi tape and can flip up the show the next recipe card.


So I began by trimming down a patterned paper to the height of my album pages, which in my case was just under 8.5 inches .  I am using a Striped Holiday SN@P! Binder for my album.  



Next I rounded the corners on the two edges of the side that will fold over and be the front.


Now you will need to know the width of your pages, and score accordingly mine are about 6 inches.


At this point I wasn't sure whether my page would open to the left or right, but no worries it is adaptable either way.


Mark your the location of your binder ring holes using a page protector or other page from your album.


And punch with a hole punch.


I decided I wanted mine to look a little more like a file folder.


So I punched a partial circle with my largest circle punch (2 inches).  I absolutely love the effect it created.


And I really love the finished look!

Supply List:
Striped Holiday SN@P! Binder
Classic Christmas patterned paper  Fun and Frosty and 4x4 & 4x6 Vertical Elements
Classic Christmas Bits & Pieces and Washi Tape and  Enamel Dots & Shapes

Thanks so much for visiting today! 

1 comment:

  1. This is so GREAT!! I am totally trying this
    (My album will not make the 2016 completed to-do list but will definitely blog it later in January) Thank you for the tips
    xo Danie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!