Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Him | Stash Kit Layout

Hi there! I am sharing a new layout today created with my stash kit. I am still loving my kit and I think the trick to using and keeping a stash kit fun is to mix things up and use other collections / kits in between.  Also, shop your stash for more goodies if the need arises.  It is a win - win! You can see more of my stash kit creations and ow I pulled my kit together by following this link.


I created this page (and only this page) at a retreat I attended in November! And if I am being truthful, I would have to admit that I did not even finis it there, as I added machine stitching and the navy color shine mist at home.  Plus I just realized now that I did not add any journalling or even the date, which I quickly did as I was writing this post - just the date that is as this was just a fun photo snapped for no particular reason.

Anyway back to the layout, I opted for a linear design of stacked elements to the left of my photo.  I is a fun way to use up some scrap paper or a perfect desgin if you are creating with a 6x6 paper pad.


I took my cue for the size of my paper strips from this rub-on by Kaisercraft that I really wanted to incorporate onto my page.  I love the way it breaks up the pattern papers and plays into the white space.


This large die cut, from Fancy Pants was leftover from a summery collection from a couple of years back and I was determined to get it onto a page, it makes a perfect title for this just for fun photo. The 't' monogram is from Making memories and has been in my stash for more years than I care to could, so I am super happy it has been stuck down on something.  I may have another in my bin of goodies ;) .


My photo was matted with a couple of simple layers and then I tucked in some fun tags and layers around it. I love using up labels stickers this way, it offers a super easy way to add layers to your focal area.


I also have several of these DCWV envelopes in my stash, using one as a layer was a nice way to use it, and I love the white on white look.  A few more embellishments on this side of the photos, and the a few strips of paper along the right edge of the layout finish off my layout nicel.

Supply List:  Authentique, Amy Tangerine, Carta Bella, Echo Park and Photo Play patterned papers; Freckled Fawn, Jillibean Soup, October Afternoon, and Studio Calico stickers; Fancy Pants die cuts; Simple Stories chipboard frame, enamel dots and clip; Evalicious flair and wood accents; Heidi Swapp wood veneer and Navy Color Shine; Kaisercraft rub-ons; Making Memories acrylic monogram; DCWV envelope; Martha Stewart twine; American Crafts textured white cardstock.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! What an awesome page Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the rub on....Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!