Thursday, December 01, 2016

HO HO HO | Stuck?! Sketches

Hello!  We are revealing a brand new sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches today, Here is a peek at the sketch...


I seriously had so much fun creating my page! As you can see, I opted for a tree shape instead of a star, which I painted with water colours and added droplets of gold Color Shine. Then I stitched it to my background page which was also treated to some mixed media techniques.


I played with the Mistletoe Kisses collection from Simple Stories which is so so sweet! I love, love, love it! It seriously makes me giddy!

I converted my photos to black and white, except for Santa's red suit and the red ornaments on the tree. It is a fun look, and helped to hid the fact that our family room is currently boring and ugly!

I love that we have a photo of Santa leaving presents under our tree.  Last Christmas I knew our youngest was beginning to not "believe" - I know where does he think the presents come from?  Crazy kid!  Anyway, I saw an ad that offered this type of photo using a picture you send of your tree and decided to spring for the $5.  I was hoping it would help to convince him he is wrong. And I think I love it as much as he does, maybe more. Even though he broke my heart ;) and told me he no longer believes after the last holiday season, he still asks me how I captured this photo!


Anyway, I stuck pretty close to the sketch and used a journalling card between my two photos, adding the title there, as well.


And then I played and played with embellishments, I added what seemed like ton!  I couldn't help or stop myself!


But the pastel colours on the white background help to keep it from looking too busy.


I went a little beyond the "visual triangle" but it still sort of feels like there is one around the photos.


I finished things up with a bit of gold color shine.  Love that stuff! Does Heidi Swapp make a silver color shine?  Do you know? I think I may need it!

I have created a process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List: Simple Stories Mistletoe Kisses 3x4 Journaling Card Elements, 4x6 Horizontal Elements, HO HO HO patterned paper, 6x12 Chipboard, Bits & Pieces, Stickers, Combo Cardstock Sticker; Simple Stories Say Cheese II enamel dots; American Crafts cardstock; Freckled Fawn wood number; misc wood snowflake; Accent Scrapbooking flair;  Leow water colour paints; leaf green Mr Huey's; light teal Gelato; Heidi Swap gold colour shine: Art Alternatives clear gesso.

We have two fun sponsors for our December 1st challenge, play along for our chance to win a prize or GDT spot!



Thanks so much for visiting, and please go check out the DT reveal, they knocked it out of the park this time!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE what you created!! LOVE the tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page, Laura! Love the tree in the background and how you've embellished this. Love this to bits!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!