Thursday, December 15, 2016

Merry & Bright | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!  We are launching our mid month sketch challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches!  Here is a peek at the sketch...


I know that it reads a little on the feminine side, but I know you talented scrappers can modify it to suit your needs to perfection!  I have opted to go slightly whimsical with my page.


This cute photo of our grandson melts my heart and this sketch was perfect for it as it really highlights a single picture!

I began my page by creating a huge mess and needed to take some time after that to fix it again, you can see the process if you watch my video below. I left in the horrifying parts!

Instead of a doily I opted for several stitched circles in bright red thread.  I also added three colours of mist splatters to my background.  I love the way it turned out even though things went a little awry for a while!


This cluster of embellishments really speaks to me, especially the white on white bits!


I pulled in some older Simple Stories goodies, like the bradz from last Christmas and the stickers from the "Life in Color" collection.  It is always nice to use up some stash and mixing old with new is fun!


This strand of bulbs is just perfect for my page, since the sketch suggested a banner over the photo.  And that cute snowman flair is from Cuts2Luv.


I have created a process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


We have two great sponsors for this challenge, so I hope you play along for your chance to win a prize or GDT spot!




Supply List:  Simple Stories Mistletoe Kisses 3x4 Journaling Card Elements, 4x6 Horizontal Elements, 6x12 Chipboard, Bits & Pieces, Stickers, Combo Cardstock Sticker; Oh What Fun! patterned paper;  Simple Stories Sn@p Basic "aspen" patterned paper; Simple Stories "Claus & Co" bradz; Simple Stories "Life in Color" clear stickers and chipboard frame; Cuts2Luv flair; misc. wood snowflakes;Your Next Stamp enamel dots; leaf green and water cooler Mr Huey's; Smooch Spritz "ice rink" mist; American Crafts vellum.

Thanks so much for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this Laura! Your grandson is certainly a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout made me smile :) Thanks for sharing your process video too, it was really fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!