Thursday, December 29, 2016

Thankful | Simple Stories

I have a layout to share today documenting how our youngest son is developing a love for cooking and is quite good at it! Aside from the obvious, which is that he can now do some of the cooking, I also love that he is being creative, developing new passions and is making hobbies that do not involve screen time!I dug into my Hello Fall collection from Simple Stories.



I began my page with a desire to use this 6x12 cut apart card as a focal area. I trimmed it down and fussy cut around the flowers at the bottom of it, and then matted it with the orange patterned paper in this collection.  I adhered my entire focal piece to this beautiful wood-grained paper from the Sn@p Basic pack, it offers so much warmth to my page.


I tucked a few more nature inspired elements in at the bottom of the main focal area and added in some craft foam for dimension.


Then I created a horizontal layer under my photo to host my title by cutting a double ended banner piece from plaid paper.  I utilized die cuts as titles on both of my layouts. The "bits and pieces" pack for this collection is just too perfect!  After stitching my title into place, I moved on to create a couple of embellishment clusters.


For this first cluster, I gathered a few food themed die cuts and tucked them into this sweet red wagon, via a slit I cut into it with my craft knife. I couldn't resist adding the adorable fox in there as well, and I just love the way it turned out!  I also added my journaling to this area.


The left side of the layout received a taller cluster that also focuses on the food theme.  Again, I love the way this page turned out and I love that I was able to use the Hello Fall collection to document things I am grateful for!

Supply list: (from Simple Stories)

6231 You Are Here Enamel Dots
(Other Supplies: American Crafts Precision Pen in brown)


Thanks so much for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Laura! Love the rich colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Laura! Great design, and fantastic goodies! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!