Sunday, December 18, 2016

T'is the Season | The Studio Challenges

He there, I am back sharing my second layout for my guest spot over at The Studio Challenges .  This time we are using an inspiration photo, which I am sharing below.  It is a seasonal table-scape and makes me so happy!

This is my layout, as I walk you through my photos I will share how I was inspired by the image provided.


I played with the Snow Village collection from Pink Paislee, which I have had in my stash for quite a while now and haven't touched.  I have no idea why as I absolutely love it! I am documenting our last Christmas at our old house, with this photo taken after Santa came and before the madness began!


This is the inspiration photo, I know, it is awesome!  I was inspired to use many layers, burlap, a twiggy tree, sparkly things, red and gold, a placemat and a deer!


I created this cut file to act as a "placemat" for my focal area, which I painted with gold Color Shine to make it shimmer.  I also added foil clear stickers from Simple Stories and sparkly gold enamel dots which were inspired from the crystal in the inspiration photo.  A layer of burlap for fun texture seemed a must, too!


I incorporated a deer via this pretty flair from Cuts2Luv, a twiggy tree via a die cut and a pretty DIY tassel just for fun!


And speaking of fun, how cute are these vellum banner pieces!  I just had to layer up a couple of them, along with some patterned paper and cardstock strips!

I an sharing another process video today, you can watch the video for this layout below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List: Pink Paislee 'Snow Village' patterned paper, ephemera and vellum banners strips; Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine; The Twinery Twine; Cuts2luv flair; Petaloo flower; CTMH cardstock; American Crafts enamel dots; Scotch washi tape; Simple Stories Clear stickers; Danson Decor burlap ribbon;  Staedtler fine tip felt pen.

Thanks so much for visiting today and I hope you can join in on the fun over at The Studio Challenges!

2 comments:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!