Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Beach Bum | Stash Kit

Hi there, today I am sharing a just for fun page using my stash kit!  In case you missed it you can see how I compiled my stash kit here, as well as a couple of other layouts that I have created so far with this kit.

Back when our pup was just a couple of months old, I did a little photo shoot with her.  She was so good and I like to think we had fun! ha! One of the shots included a beach- scene and that is the photo that I am documenting today.



I created this cut file just for this page, I love that it allowed me to use lots of the patterned papers in my stash kit. After backing the cut file I adhered it to my page with only a few dots of adhesive to hold it in place while I stitched down the centre of the hearts.  I wanted the sides of the hearts to be "free floating" so to speak.


Then I worked on added a couple of embellishment clusters, making sure to pull lots of red elements in. I have a larger cluster to the right of my photo.


And a smaller one to the upper left of my picture.


Lastly, I worked on my title, which is a really old rub-on, tat I was happy to use up.  I added some interest here with stickers and washi tape.

I kind of love the happy look I achieved on this layout!  And it is always nice to do a just for fun page!

Supply List: Fancy Pants, Heidi Swapp, Photoplay, Crate Paper and Echo Park patterned papers; American Crafts vellum and cardstock; Simple Stories, Eco Park and Jillibean Soup stickers; Cuts2Luv flair and label; Scenic Route rub-ons; Evalicious puffy stickers; Simple Stories chipboard and enamel dots; Mr. Huey's and Heidi Swapp mist; Staedtler pen; misc clip.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this layout. Your hearts cut file, the stitching and that face! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the hearts! This is fantastic Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!