Friday, January 20, 2017

Shamrock Fizz | Stash Bash

He there!  I have something fun to share today!  Most of he group of crafty people that I hopped with  on You-Tube for our 2016 Top Ten Favourite Layouts hop, have gotten back together to create a bi-monthly hop!  We will hop on the 10th via Instagram and on the 20th via You-Tube, each month, in a new series called Stash Bash!  We will be focusing on different items in our stashes to bash for each event.  We are keeping this very fun and very loose.  As in,  any of the team that is available to hop will and if they are busy, that is okay, too!  As you know I have been working through a bunch of my stash (I am trying super hard not to hoard and free up space in my crafty area) so this group is so perfect for me!


For our first, installment we are bashing stickers!  I have been personally on a mission to do this lately as well, so again this is perfect for me!

Here is my page, using my stash kit and lots of types of stickers...


I am documenting a fun birthday tradition but not specifically a birthday, confused yet? Ha! My youngest was born on St. Patrick's day, so we try to do something fun and festive each year. On this particular birthday a couple of years back, we made shamrock fizz drinks, so that is what this page is about!

 

I began with creating a cut file with columns of circle, some of which have shamrocks in them.  And then I backed some of the circles with scraps of patterned papers.  I sized the circles to coordinate with the size of one of my punches to save time!

I also added a bit of mixed media to the background and then stitched on my circles and traced around them with a pencil to help them pop a little bit.


I created three clusters of embellishments on my page (nothing new there) .


But I focused on stickers; whether they were chipboard stickers, cardstock stickers or puffy stickers.


I also used alpha stickers (they count too right?)  I have a ton of them and never seem to use more than a few of them. I also loved using several of these little word stickers!

You can see my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Here is a list of those of us participating this month, for your hopping pleasure!

Laura Whitaker (you are here)

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!