Sunday, January 15, 2017

Simply Irresistible | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!! It is reveal day over at Stuck?! Sketches which means I get to share a new sketch and layout with you!  I also have a process video to share for this page!

I broke out my stash kit once again, boy does it ever make it so much easier to use up some of my goodies without have to dig through drawers and bins!  I am contemplating putting together a second kit with a different colour combination.  They are super easy to pack to take along to crops, but are also great for scrapping at home when you are short on time!

Anyway, on to the sketch!


This is my take on it, I often struggle with diagonal layouts so this was a fun challenge and the DT provided me with amazing inspiration!  (Which really means I was behind in pulling my page together!)



I stuck really close to the sketch which made for a really clean and simple page.  Although, this doesn't always translate to fast as you well know!


I have been hoarding this rub-on for an embarrassing amount of years, so it was really great to be able to use it up!


I added layers of papers pretty much exactly like the sketch suggested, and then beefed up my embellishment clusters which are my thing, as you know!  Although, even these clusters are a little more clean and simple than I often do.


I love layering stickers behind other elements.  It is also fun to use embellishments in other ways, like the clips on this page, for example.

We have two amazing sponsors for this sketch!



As I mentioned, I have a process video for this page.  You can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List:   Shimelle, Photoplay, Echo Park and Simple Stories patterned paper; October Afternoon stickers; Deja Views rub-ons; Evalicious flair and puffy stickers; Accent Scrapbooking flair; Echo Park and Michael's enamel dots; Heidi Swapp navy Colour Shine; Evalicious and Simple Stories clips; Jillibean Soup kraft tag; Maya Road calendar die cut; Bo Bunny Chipboard; My Mind's Eye washi; American Crafts and Recollections cardstock; misc. crochet thread and button.

Be sure to play along for your chance at a prize! And seriously, check out the DT inspiration here!

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

7 comments:

  1. This sketch is fabulous Laura and I adore your layout. The colours are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this sketch on Instagram and love it. Your layout is amazing. Can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab layout, great colours and a great sketch. I need to find some time to play along!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!