Sunday, January 01, 2017

Snow Fun | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!  I am sharing my latest sketch and layout for Stuck?! Sketches today, here is a look at the sketch:


It is great for using up some left over bits and pieces of papers!  Which is what I did with my page, although I haven't actually shared the two pages that I created prior to making this page using the Winter Wonderland collection from Simple Stories.



I am documenting some photos I snapped last winter while we were out for a walk on a bitterly cold day.  It was our first time walking on the lake in the winter.  It was kind of fascinating and a little scary!


You probably know by now that I am a sucker for all wood-grained papers, and this one called "Wonderland" from this Simple Stories collection is no exception.  So of course, it needed to be my background! I added some gold machine stitching and a large snowflake die cut from vellum to create my focal area for my photos.  It turned out a little larger than I anticipated but it still works.


After that, I layered my pattern paper and Washi strips, adding some more machine stitching - this time in teal - and my photos.


Next up came embellishing which is always super fun!


As a last touch, I added some gold Heidi Swapp color shine splatters.

I have created a process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List: Simple Stories Winter Wonderland patterned papers (7507 Wonderland,  7504 Snow Cute,7506 Blizzard, 7511 4x6 Horizontal Journaling Elements), 7515 6x12 chipboard, 7501Combo Sticker, 7517 Bits & Pieces, 7519 Enamel dots, 7520 Washi tape,  American Crafts Vellum; Guttermann gold thread; Heidi Swapp gold color shine; American Crafts precision tip pen; misc. teal thread.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

2 comments:

  1. Love that paper collection...stunning layout Laura! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Laura!! What an amazing take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!