Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Cool Baller | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!  I have a new layout to share today, along with a sketch and process video; all created for the February 1st reveal at Stuck?! Sketches!

As you can see, the sketch suggests 3 small square photos, which I love but I know you creatives can reconfigure this if you need to!


I used some of my Simple Stories "So Rad" stash to create this page.  I love this collection so much that I even bought a second batch of it which is something I never do!


I have decided to finally document these photos of our son's 2014 basketball season.  He loved playing so much and was really good at it for a little guy!  I think the green and orange colour combination in the photos stumped me and so I put off playing with these pics, when I was getting them ready to print the other day I almost printed them in black and white but they aren't great pics and looked worse in black and white.  So colour it was.  Then I remembered that I had some of this collection left!


As usual, my title is a little boring but does the job.  I do like the layering of the words that create this title though, and the stitching I added gives a nice little bit texture!


This star embellishment is from Charms Creations and is super cute, this particular design is alterable, too. I opted to leave mine original and simply layer a couple of stickers over it, since I only had the one and didn't want to risk not liking what I did to it.


My embellishing is fairly simple on this layout but it adds just the right amount of impact.


I also have a process video to share, which is fairly short.  My page came together so quickly that I was surprised it was done and I was like "is that really it?" to myself, but there was nothing else that I wanted to do to it, so done it was!

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List:  Simple Stories "So Rad" patterned paper, cardstock stickers and bradz; Crate Paper "journey" cork stickers; Studio Calico wood stars; Evalicious flair; Martha Stewart twine; Charms Creations DIY stars; misc. 3x4 cards; Heidi Swapp navy Color Shine; Tim Holtz "spiced marmalade" Distress Crayon.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!