Tuesday, February 07, 2017

December Daily Part 3 | Simple Stories

Hey there!

I am finishing up with my 2016 December Daily album sharing today - better late than never I hope!  Unless otherwise mentioned this album is comprised of goodies Simple Stories' Classic Christmas collection.

Scroll down if you would like to skip past the still shots and go right to my flip through video.


Part way into December, I decided it would be a great idea to crochet stockings for all nine of us!  Ha ha!  Only 5 got finished the other 4 are my project for the rest of the winter!


I created a little pocket on the back of this 3x4 card to house my little journalling tag.


Our 24th Eve usually consists of a movie, and a finger food dinner.  This year the three of us went to the neighbours for a visit first and then came home and had our own little celebration.  I loved that I was sent a photo of my middle son and his fiance and their son in matching jammies - which of course had to make it into my album!

The pretty chevron bag is from Michael's and houses more photos.


I die cut the words "Christmas Eve" , then embossed them and stitched them into this pocket page with a few sequins.  The sequins are from the dollar store, I think.


This page is interactive, with flip outs that reveal another photo and some journalling.


I included another photo sent to me by my middle son, of a Christmas present he and his fiance put together for their little one.


I wanted to add a large photo on this page, but didn't have any large photo paper in the house, some smooth cardstock worked well and let me carry on with my album!


I snapped a fair amount of photos on Christmas day, which was a very different Christmas day celebration than usual for us.


We even did a bit of hot tubbing and had a camp fire, I also indulged in a nap.


I love snapping a photo of our nicely set table, and meal.  I also love, love this photo of my boys that were not here with us.  I cannot tell you how much it means to me to have photos sent!


I added my journaling onto the back of this photo.


A few days after Christmas, my husband and I drove into town to get some groceries and spend a gift certificate,  we found a We R Memory Keepers typewriter on sale at Homesense and brought it home with us!  I even used it for the journaling on this page!


I created a flip out interactive page to document this little story of my oldest arriving home and him and my youngest rearranging the family room and tv's to have a video game marathon!



We affectionately called New Year's second Christmas this year as this is when all of our kids were home, so I began a new section in my album with a fun little divider page, and a photo of our tree loaded with gifts for a second time!


Christmas morning began with our oldest making breakfast pizzas for the lot of us and me making mimosas! I used some sequins from Teresa Collins and wood veneer hearts from Studio Calico to fill a couple of the pockets on this spread.


I snapped some more present opening photos, our youngest had some fun with me by posing with each of his stocking stuffers and making faces depending on how exciting he thought they were!


I tucked the journaling under the last photo.


I also documented some of our dinner festivities.  The second page was created from a half of a pocket page to which I added a couple of tags to loop through the binder rings.


I documented a couple of my favourite gifts, like these hand painted ornaments from my grandson and the light box from my son and daughter in law.


I couldn't resist adding a few photos of my grandson playing throughout the day.


My very last page is a pocket that I created....


... to house the Christmas cards that we received this year!

You can watch my flip through video below or here on my You-Tube channel.


In case you missed it, you can see my first week's post here, and video here, which includes a process video for my cover.  The second week's post here and video here.

Supply List:

7327 Bradz

7332 Stickers

Thanks so much for visiting today!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous pages in your Dec Daily!!! Love what you captured and created!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!