Sunday, February 12, 2017

Ombre Valentines | Cards

Hi there, I have a couple of fun ombre Valentine cards to share today!  I wanted to create a couple of not so feminine cards for my husband and our youngest son since Valentine's day is just a couple of days away.  I found this tutorial by Jennifer Maguire where she shares tips on creating easy ombre backgrounds and I thought it would be a perfect technique to incorporate onto my Valentine's cards.


Basically you stamp the background, with either a background stamp or a random stamping technique  etc. and emboss it with white embossing powder.  Then you start adding in distress ink in any colour you wish, adding more ink and more pressure at the bottom of your card front panel and lightening up the ink and pressure as you move to the top of your card front.

This first card is for my husband, and I really wanted to use blue tones, I was just in the mood to play with that colour on this particular day!


I also stamped and embossed my sentiment and added the same colour of distress ink in a more solid application.  Jennifer Maguire mentioned this was a good way to have a perfectly coordinating piece of cardstock for your sentiment. Another great tip!

Supply List:  American Crafts and Staples cardstock; Market Street background stamp; Pink Fresh Studio sentiment stamp; VersaMark ink; Stampin' Up embossing powder; SpiegelMom Scraps "Spring Fever" sequins; Cuts2luv flair; Tim Holtz "peacock feathers" distress ink.

My second card is for our son, I was thinking of going grey and slightly more grungy with this card.  Then I found this fun flair in my stash and thought I would also pull in some soft blue and create sort of a two toned ombre effect.


I like the way these two colours blend together and yet still create a subtle ombre effect. And I love this distressed bubble wrap stamp!


How darling is this flair from Accent Scrapbooking!

Supply List:  Recollections and Staples cardstock; Kaisercraft background stamp; misc. sentiment stamp; VersaMark ink; Stampin' Up embossing powder; SpiegelMom Scraps "purple rain" sequins; Accent Scrapbooking flair; Tim Holtz "pumice stone" and "tumbled glass" distress ink.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card!! the detail in the first one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!