Sunday, February 26, 2017

Party | Black and White You-Tube Series

Hey there! I am participating in another You-Tube series, this one is about scrapping with Black and White and throughout the series we will be focusing on using Black and White in different ways on our projects.


For our first project we are using black and white for our backgrounds,  I personally had a couple of options in my stash, like a pretty and tiny black and white polka dot; but that didn't seem like much of a challenge as it almost reads like a solid.  Then I found a large scale black and white striped patterned paper by Amy Tangerine in my stash.  I love it, but I would never have opted to use it as a background - well, until now that is.


I am documenting a photo of my grandsons third birthday party taken last month.  I am bummed because I forgot the good camera and all my photos are of lousy quality.  But they still remind me of the fun we all had and how cute he was and of what an amazing cake my daughter-in-law made, so there is that!

Aside from the background, I am playing with loads of Simple Stories "Let's Party" collection. I used a bit of patterned paper to back my photo and a bit more to make the teal tag, but otherwise I used cut apart cards and embellishments only on this page.


I wanted to use this large number border sticker to adorn the bottom portion of my page,  which I embellished to highlight the number three.


 I kept my title simple, utilizing this chipboard word.


Theses cute presents were fuss cut from one of the cut apart cards. I love the way all of these colours pop off of the black and white background!

You can watch my video below or here on my You-Tube channel.


Oh and just so you know, Christine Meyer has organized this hop and has a fun opportunity for you to win a prize, pop by here You-Tube channel here and watch her Black and White video to find out how you can win!

Supply List: Amy Tangerine Plus One "counterpart patterned paper;  Simple Stories Let's Party
5311 4x6 Horizontal Elements, 5312 4x4 & 4x6 Vertical Elements, 5314 Teal Streamers/Orange Stripes, 5302 Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers, 5327Bradz, 5329 Bits & Pieces, 5331Enamel Dots, 5338 Chipboard Frames; My Mind's Eye bakers twine; Ikea clip; Tim Holtz peacock feathers Distress Crayon..

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!