Monday, February 06, 2017

Play Time | My Creative Scrapbook

Hey there!

I have some exciting news and a new layout with a process video to share with you today!  I have been invited to join the My Creative Scrapbook design team!  Woo hoo! I am so excited, they have such a great team and Pam puts together several amazing kits each month! As part of the application, entrants were asked to submit 4 samples of our work, one of which needed to be created just for the call.  Today I am sharing my layout for the call, and the process video that I created to accompany it!

 
Because I did not have one of Pan's kits, I used my stash kit!  Boy am I ever so glad to be weeding my way through this bin, but don't be fooled, it is still pretty full! You can see more of my stash kit layouts here.


I also used the December sketch over at My Creative Scrapbook as a jumping off point for my page, you can see it below.  I love the two photo design, and 3x4's seem to be right up my alley lately.

I began my page by pulling some teal and navy elements from my stash kit, then I added in a bit of brown, since there is so much of it in my photo and later I embellished with lots of fun little boy colours!


This fun chipboard skateboard from Crate Paper was so perfect for my page, and is what inspired the addition of the reddish-orange color to my page.


As I added in embellishments, my colour scheme became more vibrant.  I love how it progressed and the end result so much!


I feel like the navy and teal act a somewhat of a neutral background in this case, for my more vibrant embellishments.


This layout is really more about our grandson coming to spend time with us, than actually about the skateboard toy, so my journalling reflects that.


I really loved this sketch from My Creative Scrapbook and can see myself using it again!

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: American Crafts DIY Shop and Doodlebug Washi tape; Amy Tangerine and Bella BLVD patterned paper; American Crafts, Staples and Co-ordinations cardstock;  Bo Bunny and Crate Paper chipboard; Cuts2Luv flair; Simple Stories plastic clip; Evalicious puffy stickers and metal clip; Jillibean Soup tag; Martha Stewart twine; Mr. Huey's mist; Sharpie pen; Carta Bella, Simple Stories, Jillibean Soup, October Afternoon, Bella Blvd, Echo Park, Crate Paper and misc. stickers.

Thank you so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

3 comments:

  1. I so love the colours on here Laura! Amazing page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the team at MCS, l'm very envious!! Gorgeous layout as usual.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!