Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Eat Play Sleep | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!

It is time for a new sketch challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches so today I am sharing both my newest sketch and my take on it!


Sometimes I like to create sketches (and layouts) with teeny tiny photos.  I love to mix up the way my pages look; change keeps things fun and interesting!  This sketch suggests four tiny photos, which is perfect for the times we take sequential shots of our loved ones.  However, if you pop on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog you will see that our DT has provided inspiration for many ways to interpret this sketch!


I am playing with the Cool Kid collection from Crate Paper today, to document these photos of  my grandson.  I got down on the floor with him while he was playing with some little vehicles over the Christmas break, we had some fun and I got some great pics, too!
 

The sketch suggest three embellishment areas, I took the liberty of lowering the one to the immediate right of the photos to be able to nestle the title in better for my page design. As usual, I layered up embellishments, in this case die cuts and stickers.  I also added some machine stitching to my page.


I tore the edges of most of my papers for a bit of added texture and to have the white edge, 


The collection had some really fun acetate pieces in the die cut pack, like this little road map!


I also pulled in some wooden cogs from Creative Embellishments  and used some Distress Crayons to colour them to coordinate with my layout. As a last step, I matted my layout onto this orange patterned paper and sprinkled around some mist.

Here is a look at our sponsors for this challenge, pop on over to the Stuck?! Sketches blog to learn more about them and see the prize details!



Supply List:  Crate Paper "Cool Kid" patterned paper, ephemera, chipboard, stickers and puffy stickers; Creative Embellishments wood veneer cogs;  Tim Holtz Salty Ocean and Candied Apple Distress Crayons; Heidi Swapp Silver Texture paste; Black and Real Red Mr. Huey's mist; misc. crochet thread, vellum and cardstock.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!