Thursday, March 16, 2017

I Love Us | My Creative Scrapbook

Hey there! I am sharing a layout today which I created for the sketch challenge over at My Creative Scrapbook using the March main kit!


Oh do I ever love this butterfly and text paper and knew that it needed to be a main part of my design, an easy solution to that is using it as a background. I was super inspired by the sketch, but felt the need to shrink down the elements just a bit to suit my own personal style of incorporating white space onto my pages.


I opted for hearts instead of the suggested squares on the sketch to suit my photo and colours.  I love, love the pink floral and red gingham paper and knew they would be perfect for my page! I machine stitched my hearts down the centre to give them the illusion of some movement.


I combined a puffy word sticker and some of the Pink Paislee alphas from the kit to create my title, you know how much I love multi font titles.


I added a bit of green embroidery floss to my tag. Some black line doodling helps to define my layers. I used some of the gold Pink Paislee alpha stickers to embellish my layout: I have a thing for ampersands plus it is nice to use up as many of the alpha stickers as possible so pulling in the ampersands as embellishments is a fun way to do that. The little gold chevron arrows on the left side of my photo are actually x's cut down.  I mean really how often do most of us use x's, so this was a great way to use them, too!


I typed out my journalling and cut it into strips before adhering it to my page. I have been making an effort to try to change up how I am adding my journaling to mix up my look. To finish off my page, I added in a few clear stickers and some splatters of Heidi Swapp gold Colour Shine.

I also added in the little dots / periods from the gold alphas stickers to the centre of some of the clear flower stickers - again it felt good to use up the goodies!

Here is a look at the sketch, I hope you play along and link up over at the MCS sketch blog.


Supply List: (from the kit) Simple Life patterned papers {Bougainvillea, Barn Wood, Wildflowers, Leafy Sprigs}, phrase stickers, clear stickers, puffy stickers and die cuts; Pink Paislee Memorandum alpha stickers. (from my stash) DMC floss; SpiegelMom Scraps doily; machine stitching, Heidi Swapp Gold Colour Shine, WRMK Typeset typewriter, American Crafts white textured cardstock; black Sharpie.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!