Thursday, March 30, 2017

Lucky 14 | Card

Hey there!  I thought I would pop in for a quick visit today and share a card that I recently made our youngest for his birthday. He is a St. Patrick's day baby, so I often incorporate that into the theme of his card.


I opted for a bit of a grungy look for this card, though still trying to keep it light.  I began by adding two colours of Tim Holtz Distress Ink through a Tim Holtz mask to the kraft paper background.  Then I added splotches of black and green mist.


After tearing a couple of small strips of patterned paper, I added some mess stitching down the centre of them prior to adhering them to my card base.

I used some cork hearts from SpiegelMom Scraps  to create a shamrock and adorned the centre of it with a fun flair from Evalicious, that picked up on the green tones in the background of my card. I also tucked in the loose thread behind the shamrock for a bi of extra texture.


I used some Tim Holtz rubons and a sticker from Heidi Swapp to create my sentitment.

I absolutely love the way this card turned out, and so did my son.  I really love that he takes such an interest in what I create for him and takes time to notice all of the fun touches I add!

Supply List: Recollections cardstock; Carta Bella and Simple Stories patterned paper; Tim Holtz "rays" mask; Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint; Mr. Huey's inky black and bookworm green mists; Tim Holtz rubons "numbers" and "life quotes"; Heidi Swapp word sticker; SpiegelMom Scraps "I cork u" hearts; Evalicious flair.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!