Sunday, March 05, 2017

Smile | My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends!

In case you hadn't heard, I have joined the My Creative Scrapbook design team. Every month My Creative Scrapbook offers 4 kits: the Main Kit, the Creative Kit, the Album Kit and the Limited Edition Kit (to see all of the kits hop over to the MCS website). I will be designing with the main kit each month! 

Today, well actually the 5th of each month,  is reveal day over at MCS and they will be sharing the kit contents and projects from all of the designers on their blog today.

I have decided to break things up a bit on my blog, so as not to overwhelm, which means I will be sharing the kit contents as well as my first layout with you today, and then a few more layouts as well as some bonus cards and a couple of process videos, throughout the month!
 
Here is a look at the kit contents, aren't they yummy!


This is the main kit, you can check out the other options over on their blog or website.

As you can see, the kit contains lots of goodies from the Simple Life collection by Jen Hadfield for Pebbles, as well as some other fun elements.  I love the nod to Spring with fun florals, and gingham, as well as the gorgeous wood tones.  They really spoke to me and inspired this page which features a photo of my son and our pup taken on a lovely Spring day.



You know how much I love wood-grained backgrounds, and I really wanted to use one on this page. However, I wanted to lighten things up a bit and create that funny blend of dark and light that early Spring so often has; when the grass is turning green and the sky is blue but the trees are still mostly bare and the flowers have yet to bloom. To create this I added the strips of patterns to my background.


The puffy sticker sheet had some gorgeous words on it, which makes for fun no brainer titles - just my speed!


I used loads of ephemera and stickers to create layers around my photos, as well as some pretty papers.


I love that I was able to incorporate florals on this Spring page, and yellow is a favourite colour of mine!  The tag was hand cut from a piece of packaging. I also added in some Ranger Enamel Accents in white (from my stash).

Supply List: (from the kit) Simple Life patterned papers {Spring Seeds, Bougainvillea, Barn Wood, Simple Words, the grey polka dot a a branding strip from one of the patterns}, puffy stickers, phrase stickers, and die cuts. (from my stash) Hemptique twine, Ranger Enamel Accents in white, machine stitching, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.

Thanks so much for visiting today, I look forward to sharing more with you soon! Be sure to pop on over to the My Creative Scrapbook blog to see the full reveal!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!