Monday, March 20, 2017

Sparkle Today | Scrap the Girls

Hey there!  I am so exited to be guesting over at the Scrap the Girls challenge site today, so I have a new layout and process video to share with you!


I was given this inspiration board to play with.


I love that it is fun and whimsical, but not over the top girly. Although, I did decided to use pretty colours and flowers on my page - just because I could!


I had this fun photo of some friends and I taken while we were at a scrappy retreat a couple of years ago. As you can see, the photo was taken outside which inspired me to use all of the nature inspired elements from this collection call "Posh" by Simple Stories.

I began with a very simple background design, layering and stitching strips of various widths to my ledger paper background.



I used a cut file that I created a while back to create a focal area for my photo, once I backed it with pretty paper.  I love the way the coral colour pops on this layout!


I also wanted to use elements from the collection to create my title, which is where these chipboard and die cut words come in and fit the bill quite nicely!


I pulled in pretty much every flower die cut, chipboard and sticker piece I could find to adorn my page.   I love how it turned out, fun whimsical and feminine.

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: Simple Stories Posh patterned paper, cardstock stickers, clear stickers, bit and pieces, bradz, enamel dots, clip, 4x6 stickers, chipboard;  Simple Stories Sn@p Basics ledger paper; American Crafts cardstock; Heidi Swapp gold colour shine; WRMK stapler; Ikea clip.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

Your comments are greatly appreciated!