Monday, March 20, 2017

Those Eyes | Stash Bash

Hey there!  It's time for a new Stash Bash You-Tube hop, and this month we are focusing on wood elements! Whether it be wood-grained papers or die cuts or wood veneer alphas or embellishments, it's your choice, so hop along and join in on the fun and then create a page of your own!


Here is my page, once again I am using my stash kit, which included lots of wood elements!



I began my page with this cut file that I created that incorporates both my title and my photo. This photo was left over from last Christmas, if memory serves me correctly I opted to use a black and white photo for the story I told when I originally scrapped it, however, as I was tucking this photo into a draw I decided that I wanted to tell another story with this cop of the photo.

This boy has the most beautiful eyes with long lush lashed and is constantly getting compliments, because I am visually impaired it is not something that I often notice except for when I have a beautiful photo like this blown up on my computer screen!


I cut a second copy of the word "eyes" out of a navy patterned paper to make that part of my title pop!

I also added lost of water colour paints and mists to my layout, over the background, die cut and patterned papers.  Although, later on in the process I did regret covering the die cut so I went back and painted it white.


And then I dug into my embellishment stash kit, pulling in teals, reds and navy to speak to my choices of patterned paper (which is actually all from the same half sheet of patterned paper).


And wood - of course I pulled in several bits of wood for this page!


I actually love the way this page tuned out (well once I painted the circles white again), it is messy and fun and cool and has a great colour combo and is so perfect for my little dude!

Final steps include journalling, sprinkling more mist and tracing my die cut element with a pencil to help it pop.

You can see my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Here is a list of those of us participating this month, for your hopping pleasure!


Supply list: Simple Stories Urban Traveler #2917 patterned paper; Carta Bella Rough and Tough patterned paper; Echo Park Jack and Jill patterned paper; Simple Stories and Evalicious wood veneer; Simple Stories enamel dots and bradz; Evalicious clip, puffy stickers and flair; Simple Stories, Freckled Fawn and Echo Park stickers; Memory Makers rub-ons; misc. buttons and flags; Hemptique twine; Leows water colour paints; Sargent Arts Gesso; Mr. Huey's, Smooch and Heidi Swapp mist; American Crafts cardstock.

If you like, you can see more of my stash kit layouts here, some of them are for this challenge and others are not.  Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!