Sunday, April 16, 2017

My Boy is Wild & Free | My Creative Scrapbook

It is time for the monthly sketch challenge over at My Creative Scrapbook, which I used to inspire this layout that I am sharing today!

Here is a look at the sketch.


This sketch is a little out of my personal design style, since it has an all over design, and I lean toward more white space.  But the challenge was fun and I am happy with the end result.


I changed things up slightly, opting to flip the sketch and then add four squares to the right of my photo instead of two rectangles. I wanted to use some of the cute patterned squares from the one sheet of patterned paper as they helped me to tie my colour combination together.


I layered my title over this die cut journalling card, using both the kit stamp and a chipboard element to create it.


I also added in a bonus cluster at the top right of my layout.  I just can't help myself!


I know the foil pieces look like gold in the photos but they are actually the  prettiest shade of rose gold.  I wonder if that will be the next big thing? I stamped onto my layout, like directly onto it - a huge deal for me.  I used StazOn ink because of the slick surface of the foil.

I also added loads of machine stitching around my page.


I trimmed the leaves off of this die cut flower and then mounted the flower on foam and layered the leaves below. I love the dimensional look it offers, and was so easy to create.

Final steps include a sprinkling of Heidi Swapp navy Color Shine and some Range Enamel Accents drops.

Supply List: (From the Kit) Pink Paislee Oh My Heart patterned papers {10, 11, 19, 24} and ephemera; Shimelle Little by Little " Seek the Moment" patterned paper; Dear Lizzy Lovely chipboard phrase stickers; Heidi Swapp Beautiful Stamp Set. (From my stash) Misc. crochet thread; Ranger Enamel Accents; StazOn black ink; CTMH black ink; Heidi Swapp Nav Colour Shine; Sharpie.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. You did a wonderful job stepping out of your comfort zone...love all the stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!