Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I Love Being Your Mom | Simple Stories

Hey there! I am  sharing a layout and process video today! I was invited to join a Facebook event that is focusing on Rediscovering your stash with 40 days of no spending, which I believe is open for anyone to join.  Technically, I failed before I started as I have two collection packs on order already! Whoops!

I have been following along with the posts on the event page but haven't really felt like scrapping lately.  I had been, however, cleaning up my scrappy space as it had gotten a little out of hand.  In the process I pulled out my bin of scraps, which is basically just a basket, I toss papers in here from collections or kit clubs when I don't really have enough to make a layout. I decided maybe I should somehow sort the scraps in this bin, and decided to sort by manufacturer.  I thought that might help me to use up some of the scraps since often the colours from each manu sort of coordinate.

Low and behold, I was inspired to use some of these scraps and a couple of days later I created this page!


I basically had a little over a half sheet of patterned paper and a couple of half sheets of cut apart cards from this Simple Stories "Hey Mom" collection left over, so that was my jumping off point.  I also pulled in a couple of other scraps from other manufacturers just in case.

I also decided to use coloured cardstock as my background, since I have a fair amount of it and never seem to use it!

I have never done the mixed media thing on coloured cardstock, well not that I recall anyway. I like the way it turned out but wish I had feathered the edges of my gesso a bit better.


I backed my cut file with the patterned paper I had from this collection and also a scrap of paper from Crate Paper that matched fairly well.


After working on my title and photo, I started building a few small embellishment clusters.  I fussy cut a bunch of elements, mainly flowers and hearts, from the cut apart cards to use as embellishments since I didn't have any for this collection. Actually, it just occurred to me this second that I have a few stickers for it, duh!


I pulled some flair, by Accent Scrapbooing, from my stash.


And some sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps, too!


I typed my journaling onto a cut apart card with my WRMK Typecast typewriter.


I added some gold stitching, and gold and white mist to finish up my page.

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here, if you like.


Supply List: Simple Stories and Crate Paper patterned papers; Accent Scrapbooking flair; American Crafts cardstock; Shimmerz Coloringz "Oh Say Can u Sea" mist; Glimmermist "pearl" mist; Mr. Huey's opaque white" mist; Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine mist; aqua dolce Gelato; Sargent Arts white Gesso; WRMK Typecast typewriter; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; SpiegelMom Scrap "spring fever" sequin mix; The Twinery bakers twine; Evalicious puffy alpha stickers; Creative Memories gold pen; pink BIC marker; DIY Thickers.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and fabulous layout!! Love how you did the title!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!