Saturday, May 20, 2017

Summer Scene | Stash Bash

Hey there!  It's time for a new Stash Bash You-Tube hop, and this month we are focusing on chipboard or die cuts! I opted to de-stash a bunch of naked chipboard and had a ton of fun doing it! Keep reading to the end for a list of the talented ladies hopping this month.


I also dug into some of my leftover "Sunshine and Happiness" goodies from Simple Stories.  I just love the bright colours and used them as my jumping off point.


I have been sitting on this photo of my youngest son and I for a long, long time.  I think the colours of his life jacket and swim shorts were turning me off. Orange and royal blue, bleh.   I pulled the orange from this collection and ignored the royal blue hoping I could disguise it somewhat.  However, I did want to get this story documented.  It is not a big story, but back when we had our trailer, we always took a cruise around the lake before going back home and to reality on Sundays.

As you can see, I dug deep into my older stash of Bazzill chipboard flowers, plus I pulled out a Maya Road chipboard word and one that I don't even know who it is from as I have had it so long!


I started my page by adding some mixed media to my background cardstock.


Then I used the striped patterned paper to inspire a colour palette and embossed the chipboard pieces to coordinate.


I layered and layered these fun flowers to create a cluster that suited me.  It is so fun and yes, quite chunky.  I ended up loving it much more than I thought I would!  I didn't have the right colour of "blush" pink embossing powder, so I mixed up a small batch by blending baby pink, yellow and orange.  I think it turned out well - slightly speckle-y but pretty none the less.


I also die cut some leaves and painted them with some green mist to colour match them to the patterned paper, too.  Then I added in a bunch of small elements from the collection.

You can see my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Here is a list of those of us participating this month, for your hopping pleasure!


Supply list: Simple Stories Sunshine and Happiness patterned paper, 4x6 stickers, cardstock stickers, ephemera, enamel dots, chipboard; America Crafts cardstock; Maya Road, Bazzill and misc chipboard; Sharpie pen; Versamark ink; Zing Butter, Aqua, Powder, Apricot and Rose embossing powder;Aqua Dolce gelato; Mr. Huey's opaque white, taxi yellow and bookworm green mist; Shimmerz Coloringz pink stiletto and oh say can you sea mist; IKEA clip.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo  

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous layout Laura...love the bright colours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!