Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Fall Moments | Stash Bash

Hey there!  It's time for a new Stash Bash You-Tube hop, and this month we are focusing on twine or ribbon! I opted to de-stash some floss, since I seem to keep acquiring it, and I am okay with hoarding my twine - because it is nice to look at!

Keep reading to the end for a list of the talented ladies hopping this month.


While I am not ready for summer to be over, as it hasn't yet officially begun, I did feel like scrapping this Fall page.  Mostly because I thought it would be fun to de-stash a photo that has been in my "to scrap" pile for a while.  Two birds, as they say!

As you can see, I opted to die cut my title and used the floss to stitch around it.  It is a fun look that is super easy to create, even if you do not own a Silhouette Machine!


I created a couple of layers behind my photo, using up almost all of the scraps I had left from these two Simple Stories collections!  And then I added a fun embellishment cluster to my photo, as well. That flair is from many years ago and it was nice to use it up!


I also opted to add a bit of embellishing to a couple of the letters.  I think they look super cute!


Final steps included adding journalling, stitching and a bit of brown mist splatters!

You can see my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Here is a list of those of us participating this month, for your hopping pleasure!


Supply list: Simple Stories Hello Fall and Gather Together patterned paper:  Simple Stories Hello Fall 4x6 stickers, cardstock stickers, chipboard, ephemera: Simple Stories Posh enamel dots: Echo Park chipboard; Jillibean Soup kraft paper; Fancy Pants flair; Sharpie pen;  Mr. Huey's brown mist; DMC floss.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Love the large title and hand stitching Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!