Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Happy Happy Birthday | Card

Hey there!

I am sharing a little card I created recently, for a friend's birthday.


I had two pieces of this purple patterned paper in my card stash bin, they measured about 5x7 and had the teal/blue colour on the opposite side.  I cannot remember who made them, as I have been hanging on to them for years.  But I feel like they maybe Quick Quotes, who knows!

After die cutting the word "happy" from one piece, I trimmed it to 4 x 5.25" and layered it over the second piece, with the reverse colour facing up, adhering it with dimensional tape.


I hand cut a small banner shape from a piece of the off-cut and stamped my sentiment onto it. The butterfly embellishments were pulled from my bin of leftover die cuts.  I finished the card off with some SpiegelMom Scraps sequins, layering two different styles together.

I created this card in April and am just now posting it, I feel like it was a lift - but cannot tell for sure or refer you to the original as I accidentally and sadly deleted my inspiration Pinterest board.  Lesson learned, don't try to edit your Pinterest boards when you are distracted :( so much gorgeous inspiration was lost.

Supply List: American Crafts card base; misc. patterned paper and vellum; CTMH sentiment stamp; SpiegelMom Scraps sequins {spring fever mix, and purple rain mix}; Pink Paislee "Take Me Away" button.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!