Thursday, June 22, 2017

Love My Boys | My Creative Scrapbook

Hello! I am back sharing another project for My Creative Scrapbook, I had some of the June main kit contents left over so I thought I would create one more page.


I was a bit stumped with some of the Fancy Pants embellishments from this "Family & Co." collection as the patterned papers had pops of red, but some of the puffy stickers were decidedly orange.   This page came about in an attempt to embrace the orange.

This is a photo of my older two boys, taken in the late 90's, I have pulled out several older photos to scrapbook and this one was pretty neutral so it seemed a good choice for my self imposed challenge.


I used some Gelatos and a Distress Crayon along with a mask to add some mixed media to my background, via the baby wipe technique.  I also added splatters of mist in black and blue.  As a final touch I used the same mask and a Sharpie to add a few heart outlines to my background.


I went large with my title pulling some puffy stickers and some of the chipboard alphas.


From there, I just had fun pushing around embellishments until I hit on a grouping that worked for me.


I also added in some random doodling, just for fun!

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


 Supply List: (From the Kit) Fancy Pants "Family & Co." patterned papers {love at home, family matters, here with you},die cuts, puffy stickers, chipboard alphas and chipboard stickers; rustic twine. (From my stash) Shimmerz oh say can u sea"; black Mr. Huey's mist; black Sharpie pen; Distress Crayon {spice marmalade}; Gelatos { blood orange, tangerine}.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!