Monday, June 12, 2017

Summer by the Beach | Summer Scrappin' You-Tube Hop


Hi there!  Audrey Yeager is hosting a 12 Days of Summer Scrapping You-Tube series, which began on the 8th of June (in case you missed the start).  I will share her channel link below.  As with her Holiday Scrapping series, she invited guests to post along with her, including yours truly!


Today is my turn to share a video, I had a ton of fun creating this page!


I didn't use much patterned paper for this layout other than a piece for matting the page and a  couple of cut apart cards to matt my photos.  But it is still fun, vibrant and beachy - largely due to my colourful die cut pieces!


I wanted to create a scene on my layout to surround these photos of my grandson, so I began by painting a  6.5 inch circle with Gesso.  Then I added a few shades of Gelatos and Distress Crayons to represent the sky. Then I hand-stitched around it with embroidery floss.


After that I coloured several beach themed die cuts, which were cut from white cardstock, with Gelatos.  This is a super fun process, less stressful than adding regular mixed media to a layout, for me at least.


I combined this "summer" sticker from Simple Stories with a rub-on from Scenic Route (yes it is super duper old) to create my title.


I raided a few old sticker sheets to embellish my page.

As I mentioned, I have a process video for this page, you can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


You can find Audrey's Summer Scrapping series here on her You-Tube channel.

Supply List: DCWV patterned papers; American Crafts white cardstock; Jillibean Soup kraft paper; Sargent Arts Gesso; Gelatos {blood orange, tangerine, banana, lemon, cotton candy, aqua dolce, squid ink, green tea, gold champagne}; Distress Crayons {salty ocean, lucky clover}; Scenic Route rub-ons; Simple Stories, Echo Park and Bo Bunny Stickers; misc. crochet thread; Simple Stories and Recollections enamel dots; DMC embroidery floss; Sharpie pen; ; Mr. Huey's white; Shimmerz "oh say can you sea" mist; Tattered Angels "sky" mist.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!