Thursday, July 20, 2017

Life is a State of Mind | Stash Bash

Hey there!

It's time for a new Stash Bash You-Tube hop, and this month we are focusing on twine or ribbon! I opted to de-stash some Washi tape!  This was a perfect challenge for me as I do not use a lot of Washi on my layouts.

Keep reading to the end for a list of the talented ladies hopping this month.


I wanted to create a layout, that was more my own personal style this month, which for me usually includes layers on patterned papers. 


I wanted to translate that to Washi tape, so I adhered the tapes I chose to use to scrap cardstock.  That way I could layer them like paper and I didn't run into any issues of them being translucent in spots that I didn't want them to be. It also allowed me to do a bit of border punching!


I also took the liberty to de-stash some older brads.


I added a bit of Washi to the edges of a tag, not only did it give me the opportunity to use more tape, but it allowed me to use the green tape / colour in three areas on my page.


I also had a bit of fun with painted circled, which I stamped using plastic cups in a variety of sizes.  Super fun technique and I love the look!

Final steps included splattering paint around my page.

You can see my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Here is a list with links to all of the You-Tube channels, of those of us participating this month, for your hopping pleasure!


Supply list: American Crafts ad Coredinations cardstock; Freckled Fawn, My Mind's Eye, Jillibean Soup, Fancy Pants Designs and IKEA Washi tape; Decoart paint; Simple Stories tag; October Afternoon stickers; Tim Holtz rub-ons and Tiny Attacher; My Mind's Eye brads; Amy Tangerine word Thickers; Badges  and Buttons flair;  Studio Calico chipboard camera; IKEA clip; Eyelet Outlet enamel dot; Copic Y23; EK Success punch;  Shimelle wood button; Sharpie pen; Gutermann thread.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!