Saturday, July 22, 2017

Ocean Fun | My Creative Scrapbook

Hey there!

Today I am sharing a bonus layout that I created for My Creative Scrapbook using up some leftover goodies from the July main kit! I had so much fun with this month's kit and couldn't quite bring myself to put it away yet, even though the August kit is also sitting on my desk!


I began with a simple layering of two patterned papers, tearing the striped paper for a bit of fun texture.  The yellow patterned paper is actually pieced together behind my photo, since I didn't have a large enough piece of it.  This is a great way to use up scraps.

This design gives me lots of space for a generous sized embellishment cluster on the right side of my photo and room for a title and journalling, too.


These small alphas were included in the kit, and I used them on many of my pages.  They are the perfect size! I am actually, out of a lot of the letters so I needed to change my title idea a couple of times until I found one that I could work with given my remaining letters.  I was out of "E's" so I layered an "F" over an "L", which worked out great!


I added some fun stitching along the left edge of my patterned papers and then a few embelishments, including ribbon from the kit, to the left of my photo.


A third cluster completes my visual triangle along the bottom right of my page. I couldn't resist using those fun swim shorts!

Final touches include a splatter of white mist over my layout.

Supply List: (From the Kit) Simple Stories "Summer Days" patterned paper (4x6 horizontal elements, hello sunshine and lazy days), card stock stickers, bits and pieces, 4 x 6 stickers, and chipboard; ribbon. (From my stash) Sharpie pen; Mr. Huey's white mist; One Cane Two date stamp; CTMH black ink; American Crafts kraft paper.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!