Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Summer Vibes | Scrapbook & Cards Today

Hey there!  A few months back Nicole Nowasad, the blog coordinator for Scrapbook & Cards Today emailed me to ask if I would be interested in being a guest on the SCT blog for the monthly free cut file feature!  Well you know I jumped at that chance!

Once Nicole sent me the file, I was super inspired to start immediately!  Check out her free files...


.. you can grab them here on the SCT blog if you like.  Of course, you do!

The sunglasses cut file really spoke to me and I know it would make both a fun title and focal area for my photo.


After die cutting the piece from white cardstock, I backed it with a variety of patterned papers and my photo.


I love the way it looks, so super fun!


I coloured around this focal piece with a variety of colours of Gelatos.  I struggled a bit with getting the right tone of colour but in the end I really like the way it turned out.  I also added in some hand stitching to further frame this area.


I used the beach ball cut file as an embellishment.  As well as the sunshine cut file, which I turned into a sequin shaker.


I balanced all of the colour and accents at the top of my page with a few more embellishments at the bottom of my page.


The journalling was typed with my WRMK Typecast Typewriter.  Finishing touches are a splattering of mist and some machine stitching.

I also created a process video for this layout and would love for you to check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel.


Supply List:  Echo Park patterned paper and stickers; Simple Stories enamel dots, alpha stickers and stickers; Nicole Nowasad cut file; Freckled Fawn enamel dots and shapes; SpiegelMom Scraps sequins; Shimmerz mist; Sargent Arts gesso; Gelatos (red cherry, tangerine, lemon, green tea, cotton candy, aqua dolce and coconut); CTMH black ink; One Canoe Two date stamp; WRMK Typeset typewriter and crochet thread.

Thanks for visiting!
Laura
xo

1 comment:

  1. I just saw your layout on the SCT blog, and just had to visit your blog! So enjoyed your video ... your layout is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!