Saturday, August 05, 2017

Explore Together | My Creative Scrapbook

Hey there! It is reveal day over at My Creative Scrapbook, and that means I get to share this month's awesome main kit with you, and a layout, too! In fact, I also have a process video for you! I am really enjoying making these videos!

I loved this month's kit travel themed kit, filled with goodies from the Echo Park " Go See Explore" collection and a few goodies from the PhotoPlay "Boarding Pass collection!  It was a super fun kit to play with and as I will share over the course of the month, I created a ton of pages, and used some new and some older photos.

Check out the kit contents.


And this is my first layout share....


This particular photo is so new, that I created with it on the day that I took it!  Outside of December daily, I never do this.  I challenged myself, when creating this page, to use a larger scale photo.  I typically use smaller pics, as you know, so this was a fun test for me.

And while the layout deviates a fair bit from my usual style, I still like the way it turned out.


I combined the chipboard flags with a die cut word to create my title, hanging the chipboard flags from a piece of the rustic twine that was in the kit.

I also incorporated my journaling as a main design element on my page.


I layered up a couple of patterned papers in my background and added some machine stitching for texture. I also like the way that it helps to frame my page. And speaking of framing, I halved a Becky Higgins frame from the kit, to flank and draw even more attention to my photo.


I layered stickers in two areas of my layout, creating clusters and topped this one off with a flair from the kit.

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (From the Kit) Echo Park "Go See Explore" patterned papers {Snap Photos and 4 x 6 Journalling Cards} and chipboard elements; PhotoPlay "Boarding Pass" element stickers; Becky Higgins "Explore" chipboard frames and flair; rustic twine.  (From my stash) American Crafts cardstock; One Canoe Two date stamp; CTMH black ink.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!